Users enrolled in the Oxygen OS Beta program for the OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro are receiving a new version of OxygenOS 12. The update makes firmware more stable, and more secure, bringing some fixes to common issues as well as the patches included in Google’s July 2021 Security Maintenance Release.
The changelog also notes that the update sees the OnePlus Store, which lets you shop for more OnePlus devices and accessories in a flash, bundled as standard in OxygenOS 12 — something many consider to be bloatware. You don’t need to keep this installed on your handset though; it can be removed in a couple of taps.
Here’s what’s included:
- Improved system stability
- Fixed the issue that the face unlock failed in the QR scanning on WhatsApp
- Upgrade Android Security Patch to 2021.07
- Now work wifi can support added to life wifi
- Fixed the issue of failure to modify life and work mode
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
The Oxygen OS Beta program offers customers the chance to take the new software for a spin, trial new features and provide feedback before they’re released to the masses. In terms of an official OxygenOS 12 release date, if history is any indication, we’re about six to eight months out from a public rollout.